Thursday, May 8, 2008

Furled Ferns

I've been trying to get out and enjoy the beautiful weather we've been having lately--sunny, with temperatures in the mid-seventies. It reminds me of San Diego, where the weather stays like this all year long.

I took a walk around the pond that is a short drive from my house, and found some young ferns pushing up through the soil. These ferns fascinate me--the way they start as a white clump, and slowly unfurl their green leaves. If you look closely at the first photo, you can see the green hiding underneath the white knob at the top of the stem.




I hope everyone else is enjoying some nice spring weather.

5 comments:

Anonymous May 8, 2008 at 9:58 PM  

Thanks for the information on the garden statue. I will google it and see what I come up with. I love the pictures you took of the ferns, it's amazing isn't it? Don't they remind you of an "ET" kind of thing? hehe
Enjoy your walks through nature, there's so much to take in
Arianna

Lena May 8, 2008 at 10:02 PM  

Yes, they do look like ET...lol.. They also look like they are communicating with one another.

Rainy this A.M. but cleared up into a nice warm and sunny afternoon.

Handsome B. Wonderful May 9, 2008 at 7:39 PM  

So delicate yet so vibrant and determined.

A good photographer knows how to capture the small beauty as well as the majestic landscape shots. You sir are an excellent photographer.

Moohaa May 13, 2008 at 11:30 PM  

You take great photos. Real art.

Enjoy spring!!

Mike May 16, 2008 at 11:43 AM  

Arianna, you’re welcome. I hope you find a statue you like. I’m happy you enjoyed the pictures. LOL, now that you mention it, the ferns do resemble aliens, don’t they?

Lena, the last picture especially, looks like mama and papa fern (or alien) talking, with their little babies huddled underneath.

Handsome B, Thank you for the kind compliment! It means a lot to me.

Kelly Jene, Thank you! I really appreciate your compliment. Hope you are enjoying spring as well!

Flagcounter

free counters
Don’t worry, spiders,
I keep house
casually.

~Issa

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP