Saturday, March 22, 2008

Baking Brothers

David was home last weekend for the beginning of spring break. After staying through the weekend, he left on Tuesday to go down to Florida with his girlfriend, where her family is renting a house for a couple weeks. He wanted to bring a small token of his appreciation for having him, so he decided to make cookies, which I helped him make.

First we made orange zest snowball cookies with grated coconut topping. We quickly learned that making cookies takes more time than we assumed! But when you pop them in your mouth, it is all worth it.

The next cookies we made (one of my personal favorites) were peanut butter cookies with a chocolate kiss pressed in the top of each one. I took the above photo while the cookies were cooling. One of the benefits of making cookies yourself is that you get to eat them while the chocolate is still soft. They were delicious!

I was busy with an appointment the next day when David made the final batch: chocolate chip walnut cookies.

I rarely bake, but it was a good experience, and especially enjoyable doing it with my brother.

5 comments:

mosiacmind March 22, 2008 at 4:37 PM  

It can be so much fun baking with someone. It sounds like you and David had a good time. I was glad for you to comment on my blog and to see you post again on your blog I was getting concerned

mosiacmind March 22, 2008 at 4:37 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Moohaa March 22, 2008 at 10:40 PM  

I LOVE baking cookies and that picture looks almost dream-like with yummy-goodness.

It's nice to see you posting again. Take care!

Lena March 23, 2008 at 11:08 AM  

Mouth watering. I have actually never baked the peanut butter ones with the kiss, I have to do that sometime.

Baking is a good family activity.

So glad to see you posting again!!

Lena

Mike March 28, 2008 at 9:39 AM  

Mosiacmind,
It was definitely fun baking with David and bonding over a hot oven. Thanks for the concern.... even if I don’t write for a while, you can be assured that I’m still hanging in there.

Kelly,
I can vouch for the dreamy-goodness of those cookies! :)

Lena,
I think they are worth baking.... I’m actually still longing for more of them, because David had to take most of them with him to Florida. They are just too good!

Flagcounter

free counters
Don’t worry, spiders,
I keep house
casually.

~Issa

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP