Wednesday, November 28, 2007

...And They Wait

My mother said today, "Boy, it's been a slow week." All the preparations have been made for the wedding; now they're just waiting for Friday to come.

There are a couple last minute things to get done around the house before my brothers arrive with their girlfriends: the plastic pumpkins need to be packed up, and my mother wants to make a pot of chili for tomorrow night.

It's my duty to get the upstairs bathroom all clean. "That should only take you twenty minutes," my mother said.

"Twenty minutes?" I asked, doubtfully. "I don't think so. Maybe I'm too much of a perfectionist, but it always takes me a long time to clean things."

But her comment spurred me on, and I scrubbed the tub and toilet in twenty-five minutes. I'll do the sink tomorrow...

Right now I have a load of laundry in the washer that I need to move to the dryer. I'm utilizing the machines while they're still free, as I have a hunch that my brothers will both arrive with baskets of laundry in hand. The last time my brother John came home he was lugging his dirty clothes in one of those big green trash bags intended for yard waste, filled to the top.

I'm looking forward to seeing my brothers, but I'm bracing myself for the flurry of activity that is soon to come.

1 comments:

Andrew November 29, 2007 at 11:03 AM  

Mike,

I know the revelries and homecomings will be taxing mentally for you. I will be thinking of you through this and hope you come through it all okay. Take care and thanks for the wonderful blog.

Jonathon Andrew

Flagcounter

free counters
Don’t worry, spiders,
I keep house
casually.

~Issa

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP