Sunday, November 25, 2007

Quiet Sunday

It's been a pretty quiet day today. I'm trying to relax and take it easy. All this studying for the GRE has been starting to stress me out, so I took today off. I'm scheduled to take the test in little more than two weeks, and it's going to be a busy couple weeks because my mother's wedding is on Friday.

So I've decided not to volunteer at the library until after I take the GRE. At first I was disappointed in myself, because I felt committed to starting a volunteer job. However, as the test date gets closer and closer, I feel my preparation time running out, and I just don't want to subject myself to the stress of trying to do both.

I sat down today and strummed my acoustic guitar for a while, letting my thoughts and emotions float on the chords I played. The guitar is a cathartic instrument to play; it is so expressive and even percussive in nature, that is, one can strum lightly or harshly, thump out a rhythm or finger-pick a peaceful melody.

I hope everyone is having a peaceful Sunday.

0 comments:

Flagcounter

free counters
Don’t worry, spiders,
I keep house
casually.

~Issa

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP