Friday, November 30, 2007

Flowers for the Bride

My brothers and I went to pick up some flowers for my mother. We picked up a large arrangement with hydrangeas, sweet roses, red roses, sunflowers, and more.

We left the flower shop on the west side of town, and drove across the river into downtown to pick up John's girlfriend at the bus station.

When we arrived, John said, "You're going to have to get out, I'm stuck here." He had the giant flower arrangement wedged between his legs, and didn't want to risk dropping it.

I got out of the car and started walking across the parking lot towards the terminal. I saw a blond haired girl walking towards me. I've only met her once, and she's gotten a haircut since then, so it was hard to recognize her.

"Is that you?" She asked.

"Yeah, Stephanie?"

"Yep," she said. "I didn't know it was you now that you have the beard."

She is very gregarious, and immediately struck up conversation. "I took a nap on the bus, and set my alarm so I wouldn't miss my stop. I didn't want to end up in the next city!"

When we got to the car, she hopped in the back seat, and greeted John with a kiss. Then she said, "You look really good Mike. You look healthy. Vibrant."

"Thank you," I said, smiling. It was a kind compliment that warmed my heart.

Last time I saw her was months ago. I may have been on Risperdal at the time. I think the medicine dulled my personality. Or maybe the Abilify that I'm taking now is better at alleviating the negative symptoms of schizophrenia. Either way, I have noticed that I've been feeling better the last few months, and I'm grateful to be on Abilify.

OK, time to get dressed up for the wedding.

1 comments:

Andrew December 1, 2007 at 11:26 AM  

I'm not sure of the exact date of the wedding, but I want to wish you, Mom, and family well with it. I would be so nervous having to be around a lot of people. Enjoying the blog so much, Mike. I like your conversational style -- so easy to read. Take care and please except my best wedding wishes.

Jonathon Andrew

Flagcounter

free counters
Don’t worry, spiders,
I keep house
casually.

~Issa

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP