Monday, November 26, 2007

Early Morning Dreaming

I woke this morning with pleasant memories of the dream I was coming out of. I subscribe to the theory that dreams can be a vehicle for the subconscious to send messages and lessons to the conscious self. I had one such dream last night.

It took place in the future sometime, as was evident from a couple futuristic items, such as hoverboards (skateboards that hover- apparently my subconscious ideas about the future have been influenced heavily by Back to the Future). I kept asking my friends in the dream, Adam and Jeff, if I could use their hoverboards, even though I knew they would have no problem with it. Finally Adam said, "Yeah, dude, it's fine. Why are you worried about it? " And with those words, and his calm, carefree attitude that I sensed, a message arose into my mind. Don't be concerned with what other people think. Do what makes you happy. Granted, I should respect other people's possessions. But oddly enough, that was the message that came to me.

I've always been too anxious or sensitive about what other people think of me. I've known that I shouldn't be this way, but it is completely different when it comes to you out of the experience of a dream- I could feel the truth of the message.

I woke up to a slight dusting of icy snow on the ground, and felt peaceful. I felt hopeful. You can't control what other people think. You can't control the world. Do what makes you happy. I felt there was a world of possibility at my feet, just waiting for me to hop out of bed.

0 comments:

Flagcounter

free counters
Don’t worry, spiders,
I keep house
casually.

~Issa

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP