Monday, November 12, 2007

You'll Find Me in the Stacks

Well, it turns out the library is closed today for the holiday, so I'll have to wait until tomorrow to inquire about volunteer opportunities.

I've always loved books and learning and wandering aimlessly among the stacks of library books to see what I may find. Considering my predilection for libraries, I knew that when I started volunteering it would be at the public library. It struck me a couple months ago that perhaps I would be happy not only volunteering, but making a career as a librarian. I think I would find it satisfying working with people and being surrounded by books and research. Perhaps I'm getting ahead of myself, considering I haven't even volunteered yet, but it can't hurt to dream of the possibilities. Getting exposure to actual librarians and the work environment will be valuable in deciding whether it is truly an avenue I want to pursue.

I walked on the treadmill for 24 minutes today, up from my usual 20. I'm trying to work up to a half hour. It's not that I can't do it physically, I just find it boring. I've started listening to music while I walk, which has relieved some of my exercise ennui.

Well, I better get to work on my GRE studying.

0 comments:

Flagcounter

free counters
Don’t worry, spiders,
I keep house
casually.

~Issa

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP