Thursday, November 29, 2007

The Brothers Return

I went to pick up my brother John at the bus station at five o'clock. He's as lively and animated as ever. I don't see him too often, since he lives in New York City, and it is nice spending time with him. His girlfriend, Stephanie, will come into town tomorrow afternoon.

My mother and Roby were at the hall/restaurant doing a run-through of the ceremony, and ate dinner there afterwards. John and I ate the chili my mother left for us simmering in the crock pot, along with some fresh cornbread. I appreciate what my mother does for us. She cooked food even though she wasn't eating at home.

David arrived with his girlfriend Leliah around nine. We spent the evening catching up on things, and laughing and joking. I'm feeling good, and enjoying having them around.

We also made sure we had all the clothes we all need for the wedding. Tomorrow John and I are going to run a few errands and pick up a black belt and shoes for him. At some point we want to pick up some flowers for my mother as well. Then of course the ceremony and reception at night.

It will be a busy day, but I am optimistic it will all go well.

0 comments:

Flagcounter

free counters
Don’t worry, spiders,
I keep house
casually.

~Issa

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP