Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Belts and Slippers

I realized today that I had "outgrown" my black belt, and I would need to buy a longer one for my mother's wedding. So off I went in search of a belt.

I went through the belt selection of four stores before I found a belt that both fit and looked good. The one I purchased was one of those nifty reversible belts, so I got a black and a brown belt, all in one.

Target was the third store I visited. Last time I was at Target was with my brother David when he was home for Thanksgiving break. He was eying up a pair of Moccasin slippers.

"Look how soft these are," he said.

"Mmm, those are nice," I replied. Then, not so subtly, "What size are you?"

"Nine and a half."

"These don't come in half sizes though. You think you'd be a ten?"

"Yeah, probably... why? You thinking about a Christmas gift?"

"Nooo...."

Real smooth.

So I picked up a pair for him when I was at Target. Sure he's expecting them, but he'll still enjoy wearing them.

And now my outfit for the wedding is complete: black suit with a deep red shirt, and a tie with both red and black in it to match. And of course black shoes and belt.

Just a few more days, and they tie the knot...

0 comments:

Flagcounter

free counters
Don’t worry, spiders,
I keep house
casually.

~Issa

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP