Tuesday, November 20, 2007

First Snow with Thanksgiving Coming Up

I woke up this morning and squinted at the light pouring in the window. I looked out, and saw everything was covered in white- the first snow of the year!

As I smoked my morning cigarette, sitting at the mouth of the garage, I observed the peaceful white world. The snow was clinging to the branches, bushes, cars and houses. This picture shows the view from where I sat.

I noticed the quiet that comes with falling snow. Everything seems silent, except for the muffled whisper of the snow hitting the ground. It is a wonderful silence.

Later in the day my brother David packed up and set out to meet up with his girlfriend to drive down to Pennsylvania where her family lives. He's going to be spending Thanksgiving with her family this year. I'll miss having him around for the holiday.

Usually we go down to my grandmother's house for Thanksgiving, but they aren't going to have a big family gathering this year because some of my aunts and uncles now have grandchildren of their own, and they want to start their own family traditions. So my mother, Roby and I will be going to Roby's daughter's house for the big meal. I'm not too excited about spending Thanksgiving with a bunch of people I don't know, but it will be good to get more acquainted with his relatives.

Well, that's it for tonight.

1 comments:

Andrew November 21, 2007 at 8:03 PM  

Mike,

Thanks for the comment today. That is a wonderful picture of the snow as well. You will learn from reading me that I can be weather obessed at times! I love a good snow and it hasn't snowed here in years! Take care and I hope you are well. It is nice to know another is out there and he seems to be stable. Take care, new found friend!

Flagcounter

free counters
Don’t worry, spiders,
I keep house
casually.

~Issa

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP