Saturday, January 26, 2008

Time to Myself

Mom and Roby are spending time up north in a condo that their friends let them use for the weekend. They left Friday morning, and I awoke yesterday to a quiet, empty house.

It has been relaxing having all this time to myself. I've been reading a lot, and continuing to experiment with self-hypnosis techniques.

Yesterday I made a trip downtown to check out the used-bookstore. They have a pretty good selection of used books, but nothing jumped out at me, and I left empty-handed. It is just as well, as I have enough online reading to explore to keep me busy.

6 comments:

Lena January 27, 2008 at 10:16 PM  

I love used bookstores. It is fun to browse even if you don't buy anything.

Enjoy your time with the house to yourself!
Lena

Mike January 29, 2008 at 6:12 PM  

Lena,
Aren't used bookstores fun? I miss the ones in San Diego. There was one street where there were three in a row... all with good selection. I was in used book heaven!

mosiacmind January 29, 2008 at 6:53 PM  

I also like used bookstores and thrift stores and such. I am glad that you seemed that you were having a good weekend

Moohaa January 29, 2008 at 7:17 PM  

I LOVE used book stores! I could go broke going to one. I'd actually love to own one someday.

Sounds like a nice relaxing time to yourself. Have a great day!

josie2shoes January 29, 2008 at 9:36 PM  

Mike, please send your email address to me at josie2shoes@yahoo.com so that I can invite you to my new blog! :-)

Mike January 30, 2008 at 3:46 PM  

Mosaicmind, I enjoy thrift stores too.

Kelly, that would be wonderful to own a used book store. I think it would be rewarding to work with books all day.

Thanks, Josie! I'll go email you right now.

Flagcounter

free counters
Don’t worry, spiders,
I keep house
casually.

~Issa

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP