Tuesday, January 8, 2008

A Vote, and to the Library

David and I went out to the polling station today and cast our vote for the New Hampshire primary. It is an exciting race, and right now I'm sitting in front of the TV watching the results slowly tallied from the precincts across the state.

After voting, we stopped by the library. I walked up the concrete steps, through the heavy wooden doors, and approached the reference desk.

The librarian behind the desk looked up and asked me, "Can I help you?"

"I'd like to drop off this volunteer application form for the volunteer coordinator," I said.

"OK," she replied, "I'll make sure she gets it."

I thanked her, smiled, and walked away. When I climbed back in the car, where David was waiting, David asked, "Everything taken care of?"

"Well, the volunteer coordinator told me to drop off the application at the reference desk, and now I just need to wait for her to give me a call. Then I'll go in for an interview."

I felt good about turning in the application. I am a little nervous about the interview, but I will deal with that when it comes.

7 comments:

Moohaa January 9, 2008 at 2:37 AM  

Good for you! One more step. I hope you get a call back soon.

Dr. Cyane January 9, 2008 at 9:22 AM  

Very good. Another step forward. Progress happens slowly, but it's nice to see you taking control of your future.

Mike January 9, 2008 at 3:22 PM  

Thanks, Kelly!

Double cross, thanks for stopping by and commenting. It does feel good to be taking action toward building my future. I don't mind the slow pace of progress, because it gives me time to work up the courage along the way :)

Lena January 9, 2008 at 7:14 PM  

What great news! A step closer to your goal.

Lena

Handsome B. Wonderful January 10, 2008 at 6:26 PM  

WAY TO GO!!!

Rhette January 10, 2008 at 7:15 PM  

Hi Mike,
All good things coming your way for this New Year.

I will keep you in my thoughts about the interview. More steps ahead ... yay!

Kirs ~

Mike January 10, 2008 at 8:38 PM  

Lena, James, and Kirs, thanks for the encouragement and support :)

Flagcounter

free counters
Don’t worry, spiders,
I keep house
casually.

~Issa

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP