Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Without a Compass

I've been in a weird funk the past few days. My indecision is affecting me. I feel I am mentally well enough to go out and do something, but I'm not sure what that should be. Should I volunteer? Try to get a job? Apply to schools for library science?

Life within my little bubble is pretty comfortable right now and it is hard for me to press forward and reach toward new activities. But I am feeling society's pull, and it is leaving me anxious and unsettled.

I still have not heard from the library about my volunteer application I submitted. I was hoping they would call and I'd be forced to go in for the interview. But they haven't. And I haven't convinced myself to call them and follow up on it.

I'm not depressed, I just feel lost.

5 comments:

Lena January 31, 2008 at 3:42 PM  

Hi Mike,

Feeling lost is hard. Hopefully, you will be able to make a decision and follow through. Sometimes it just takes as long as it takes.

Hope you are having a good day.
Lena

Mike February 1, 2008 at 1:24 PM  

Thanks for the supportive comment, Lena. I'm trying to step back, take a deep breath, and focus on what the next step will be.

Handsome B. Wonderful February 5, 2008 at 12:33 PM  

I'm still very much in my bubble. Or my cave as I sometimes call it. It's the only place that I feel completely comfortable. I don't see myself leaving it too much anytime soon.

Being disabled and able to stay home is what I need right now. I may never come out of it but maybe one day.

I know my comment isn't that positive but i just wanted to let you know that you're not alone in this struggle with reclusiveness.

rhetoran February 9, 2008 at 3:58 AM  

Congratulations Mike!

It's always encouraging when you come to a point where you recognize something can be added to your life! It reminds me of my mom actually (in a very off topic sort of way); she's trying to grow her hair out, but soon becomes discouraged when she hits the 'in between' stage where her hair is too short to be long and too long to be short.

So too with your life. It seems that you're wanting to grow but you've come to an awkward stage- but be encouraged! It's a sign that you're already growing.

Mike February 9, 2008 at 7:10 PM  

Thanks for the comment, James. It is good to know that I’m not alone dealing with these things. And it reminds me that I need to pay good attention to my needs, even as I try to venture out into the world.

Rhetoran,
Thanks for the great analogy! That’s a good way for me to look at it... it makes me feel better about being in this awkward stage.

Flagcounter

free counters
Don’t worry, spiders,
I keep house
casually.

~Issa

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP