Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Where My Dreams May Lead...

We had a poker game to celebrate last night. After all my relatives had left, I laid down on the couch at two a.m., and soon drifted off to sleep.

In my first dream of the new year, I was spending time with an old high school friend. In the dream, we felt great affection for each other, and we started kissing passionately- the kind of kisses that take your breath away.

As I started to wake up, I felt sad to leave her lips and the deep feelings of affection I had for her.

Wow, I thought, it has been a long time since I've been in the arms of a woman...

I felt part of me reawakening...

I felt a longing for the companionship of another...

I felt good, but lonely...

I started to evaluate my life.

I have made progress over the last year. No longer do I lay on the couch all day. I am more talkative, more engaged. But what lies beyond my small circle of comfort?

Nascent thoughts began to form in my mind: maybe it is time to step beyond myself... to push myself further out into the game of life. A job. An apartment. A girlfriend. For a long time it was too overwhelming to even consider striving for these goals. And in a way, it still is. But now I am almost able to desire these things, to imagine myself attaining them.

All this stirred up by the lips of a woman in a dream. It was more than a kiss, though. To me, it was a symbol of stepping back into the flow of life. My subconscious saying, don't forget what is out there... don't forget what possibilities life holds.

9 comments:

Andrew January 1, 2008 at 6:42 PM  

Mike,

I, too, have dreams and aspirations as you do. This post inspired me to try something out of my comfort zone tomorrow. To take a chance. To fly high. I hope you are having a Happy New Year! This pics below were great. You are very handsome.

Lena January 1, 2008 at 9:03 PM  

Your post brought tears to my eyes. You are a very wise man to know that you need to listen to your dreams.

I realize you have been through so much, and it is inspiring to hear that you are feeling stronger and more motivated.

Thank you for the prayers for my aunt.

It was great to see your picture. You are a handsome young man!

Peace,
Lena

Eric January 2, 2008 at 1:13 AM  

The power of a kiss is amazing, even if it is only in a dream.

Rhette January 2, 2008 at 5:12 PM  

Mike,
Happy New Year to you a bit late! I tried to post & email my blogging friends before I went away for the holiday -- my apologies for not getting here sooner.

I am SO HAPPY that you are doing well and 'feeling - "feelings!" This New Year is starting off so well for so many people. I hope it continues for you & for all of us who are taking small steps in big ways :)

Kirs ~

josie2shoes January 2, 2008 at 5:39 PM  

Dreams, possibilities and hope - that's what keeps us going! I always believe that tomorrow can be better than ever before. I'm really happy that you are feeling a strong desire to return to active living as well. I know that you can accomplish anything you set your heart on!

Moohaa January 2, 2008 at 7:56 PM  

I'm glad you saw deeper into the dream. It really could be a symbol for a life reawakening. You sound like you have it all together and are ready to put the plan into motion. You're going to have a great year, I just know it!

Take care...

Mike January 2, 2008 at 11:20 PM  

Andrew, thank you! I wish you the best on the road to meeting your goals and aspirations.

Lena, aw, thanks for the compliment!

Eric, very true.

Kirs, Happy New Year to you too! I hope this year brings much wonder into your life!

Josie, thanks for the inspiring words.

Kelly Jene, I always try to read into the symbolism of my dreams, especially the really vivid ones.

Handsome B. Wonderful January 5, 2008 at 6:29 PM  

Dreams can be so transformative and a catalyst for change.

Unfortunately mine are almost always terrible nightmares and nearly every time vivid.

Mike January 6, 2008 at 2:12 PM  

James, I agree with you on the power of dreams. I'm sorry you suffer from vivid nightmares... it's hard when sleep is not able to serve as some sort of sanctuary.

Flagcounter

free counters
Don’t worry, spiders,
I keep house
casually.

~Issa

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP