Monday, December 3, 2007

Let It Snow...


I woke this morning to the rumbling of a snow plow clearing off our street. Looking out the window, I was greeted by a white landscape.

This is the view looking out at our backyard. On the fence are Christmas decorations, and our shed is in the background.

My mother called today. It sounds like they are having a nice honeymoon. They decided against anything too extravagant, and instead drove up to a nice bed-and-breakfast in northern New Hampshire. They've been taking winter hikes in the surrounding hills.

She owns an apartment building, and ever the vigilant landlord, she had called one of her tenants to see if the driveway had been properly plowed this morning. Then she called me.

"Michael, the plow went through, but the sidewalks need to be cleared a little bit. Could you go down and do that for me?"

"Sure, no problem," I said.

So I dressed up in warm clothes, scraped off the car, and drove down to the apartment building with a shovel. The job did not take long, and soon I was back home. I stayed in the rest of the day, watching the continuing snowfall from inside the warm house.

9 comments:

mosiacmind December 4, 2007 at 9:28 AM  

I am so glad that you commented on my blog Mike. I am so glad also that you left a link so that I can read yours. I get much strength from others who struggle with mental illnesses. I struggle with extreme p.t.s.d. aka d.i.d. also known as multiple personalies disorder. I hope that you have a good day and enjoy the snow.

Anonymous December 4, 2007 at 10:56 AM  

Mike I am enjoying your blog very much, keep up the great entries.

I am very jealous of the view out your back windows, looks like a winter wonderland.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and reflections. Your writing style is very inviting.

Rhette December 4, 2007 at 12:27 PM  

Hi Mike,
I found my way here via a link from Andrew's blog. I've enjoyed reading what's going on with you.

I want your snow! The picture is gorgeous, thanks for sharing. I've always wanted to see New England in the winter, haven't done it yet.

I'll stop by again :)

Kirs ~

Andrew December 4, 2007 at 4:09 PM  

Okay, I'm envious. That is so pictaresque and beautiful. It is just another sunny, windy day in the South. We can't even get rain let alone, snow. Hope your well today, Mike.

Mike December 4, 2007 at 5:57 PM  

Mosiacmind, Good to hear from you. I too find inspiration in reading other people’s blogs who deal with mental illness.

Christine and Rhette, Thank you for stopping by. Glad to hear you’re enjoying the blog. Do come again :)

Andrew, I had a little talk with the snow gods, and told them to send a good storm your way.

Moohaa December 4, 2007 at 8:51 PM  

Beautiful picture! Oh, how inviting to go out with a blanket and a warm cup of coffee. *sigh* We had snow for one day and then got flooded by rain. I'd much rather have that gorgeous snow.

That was nice of you to go shovel.. it must have been a cold job!

josie2shoes December 4, 2007 at 9:36 PM  

Such a lovely back yard - looks like a Christmas card! I'm so glad you finally got your snow!

CRUSTY MOM-E December 4, 2007 at 9:37 PM  

Hi! I found you by way of 4th ave..he's awesome, isn't he? I love the picture of the backyard..so peaceful!
Looking forward to coming back again!
Always,
Crusty~

fsj December 9, 2007 at 10:23 AM  

hye mike, i enjoy reading ur entries :)

the snow view behind ur house is sooo fascinating!!!

Flagcounter

free counters
Don’t worry, spiders,
I keep house
casually.

~Issa

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP