Monday, December 10, 2007

Minor Thoughts of a Simple Day

I went out today to pick up cigarettes and return some books to the library. It snowed a couple more inches last night, so I enjoyed driving around looking at the snow covered world.

I am down to my last couple days of studying for the GRE. Now that I am facing the test date this week, I feel slightly nervous about taking it, but at the same time I feel pretty confident that I'll do well.

Over the past few weeks I have fallen out of the habit of meditating every day and reading spiritual literature. Today I was reading a publication that was about different people who have found strength in their spirituality to become more accepting of what life brings. It was relaxing to read. And it gave me hope to read about people who were able to change their mental habits to deal with life more gracefully. It was a reminder to try harder to integrate meditation and spiritual reading back into my life.

4 comments:

Moohaa December 11, 2007 at 5:09 AM  

I've discovered that anything spiritual takes discipline. Which unfortunately, I seem to lack.

I wish you all the luck in the world on your test and I pray you'll have great results with no anxiety.

mosiacmind December 11, 2007 at 10:06 AM  

I was curious to know what book you were reading. I am an avid book reader.

josie2shoes December 11, 2007 at 10:21 AM  

It seems easy for me to get too busy or distracted and wander away from the spiritual side of my nature, Mike. But I have realized that it makes my life much harder when I don't have that presence of mind that tells me there is a meaning and a purpose to my life. Eventually I always return to a spiritual place, and find myself much happier and more at peace there. I hope you will find this to be true also. I'm sure you will feel relieved to have the GRE over with, but I just know you are going to do fine!

Mike December 11, 2007 at 1:14 PM  

Kelly Jene, thank you for the well wishes and prayers!

Mosaicmind, I love to read too. It is actually a journal/magazine that I was reading that talks about incorporating meditation and spirituality into one's life. You can read it online by going to www.easwaran.org, and clicking on “Current Journal Issue.”

Josie, I feel the same way. When I'm in a spiritual place, I feel more calm and centered. Thanks for the encouragement!

Flagcounter

free counters
Don’t worry, spiders,
I keep house
casually.

~Issa

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP