Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Delectable Dinner and Dessert

Today Mom was out shopping for Christmas presents, and called home mid-afternoon to ask if I would make some turkey soup for dinner. After I hung up, I diced onions, carrots, and celery and threw them in the pot to saute them with butter and olive oil. Once they were partially cooked, I poured in some chicken stock and let it simmer while I cut up the broccoli and the left-over turkey from the Christmas party. I dumped all that into the pot with some spiral noodles and let it simmer until it was cooked. My family said that it was really good.

After dinner we took some of the remaining wedding cake out of the freezer to defrost. We made coffee, and once the cake was thawed we dug in. The cake is almond flavored, with alternating layers of amaretto and raspberry frosting, covered with a butter-cream frosting. Delicious!

5 comments:

Anonymous December 19, 2007 at 2:50 AM  

Goodness, Mike, my mouth is watering at just your description! Your dinner sounds truly delicious and delectable :-)
Lives Less Ordinary

Moohaa December 19, 2007 at 4:15 AM  

Yum! That sounds warm and satisfying on a cold day.

Jennifer December 19, 2007 at 10:55 AM  

soup sounds great.
now I know how to make it!

mosiacmind December 20, 2007 at 10:22 AM  

i love soups..I find them comforting. The turkey soup sounds wonderful

josie2shoes December 22, 2007 at 1:56 PM  

Homemade soup topped off by delicious cake, does it get any better than that?! Mmmm! And how nice that your mom could call home and you'd do the cooking!

Flagcounter

free counters
Don’t worry, spiders,
I keep house
casually.

~Issa

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP