Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Prepared and Ready to Go

"So, big test tomorrow, huh?" Roby said to me today. "Are you all prepared?"

"Yeah, I have a couple of last things I want to look over, but other than that I'm ready. I've learned all my vocab words, studied all the material, and I've taken a few practice tests, so I feel pretty comfortable going into it tomorrow."

I found my own words reassuring, as my actual feelings have been up and down today. At times I felt nervous and stressed, but for the most part I've remained fairly calm. I know that in the big scheme of things the GRE is rather insignificant, but regardless I could not help but get a little worked up about it. But it is out of my hands now. I've done the preparation and I just need to do my best.

I'm about to take a nice hot shower, make some tea, and try to get to bed early so I am rested tomorrow.

5 comments:

Moohaa December 12, 2007 at 1:21 PM  

Good luck! I can't wait to hear how it went.

mosiacmind December 12, 2007 at 6:50 PM  

i am eager to hear how you are and how the test went

Andrew December 12, 2007 at 7:12 PM  

Mike,

Good luck and your blogging friends are pulling for you. Don't get nervous and take everything in stride. Looking for an update soon of good news!

Lena December 12, 2007 at 8:13 PM  

Hope the test went well, can't wait to hear. Sounds like you were well prepared.

What do you plan to study in Grad school?

Lena

josie2shoes December 12, 2007 at 8:16 PM  

It's Wednesday now and I was thinking about you all day, Mike, wondering how the test went. I hope that you left feeling confident about your answers, and that the process wasn't too stressful. I can't imagine myself trying to do one of those again at this age, it was bad enough for college entry exams 35 years ago! But I did well, and I bet you will too. I'm sure you are so relieved to have it over - a great Christmas presnent to yourself!

Flagcounter

free counters
Don’t worry, spiders,
I keep house
casually.

~Issa

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP